Docs: Full Copy Edit and Refactor of Issues docs
What does this MR do?
This is a full Copy Edit and Refactor of the Issues Documentation. While investigating #60767 (closed), I noticed that the documentation was really spread out, causing a lot of duplicated information and small docs files that could be merged together into logical groups. Additionally, I copy edited for simplicity, clarity, etc...
List of Significant Changes:
- General copy edits on all pages in
similar_issues.mddoc was orphaned and no longer linked to by any other doc. Due to it's small size, it was deleted and added as a section in
deleting_issues.mddoc was extremely small, and so was deleted and added as a section to
closing_issues.md, and the link to the old file was changed.
- The documentation for automatically closing issues from MRs and commits was duplicated in
automatic_issue_closing.md. I compared the information in the two, and merged them together into the same section in
closing_issues, and renamed the heading to
#closing-issues-automatically-via-merge-request-or-commit(as the information regarding commits was newly added), and
automatic_issue_closing.mdwas deleted. Since the heading name changed, and one file was deleted, all links and anchors to the old file or heading were updated as well.
- Long lines were chopped down in size.
- More links were added to help docs cross-linking.
closing_issues.mdwere related, so they were deleted and combined into
- All deleted docs had redirects added.
- Many links and anchors had to be updated to reflect the large number of changes.
Changes not done yet (can be delayed to a different MR):
The image in(now being worked on separately)
issue_data_and_actions.mdout of date and should be updated, and the fields updated (confidentiality, Lock issue, participants, and notifications) added to the Doc.
- Follow the Documentation Guidelines and Style Guide.
- Link docs to and from the higher-level index page, plus other related docs where helpful.
- Apply the Documentation label.
1. Primary Reviewer
- Review by a code reviewer or other selected colleague to confirm accuracy, clarity, and completeness. This can be skipped for minor fixes without substantive content changes.
2. Technical Writer
- Optional: Technical writer review. If not requested for this MR, must be scheduled post-merge. To request for this MR, assign the writer listed for the applicable DevOps stage.
- Review by assigned maintainer, who can always request/require the above reviews. Maintainer's review can occur before or after a technical writer review.
- Ensure a release milestone is set and that you merge the equivalent EE MR before the CE MR if both exist.
- If there has not been a technical writer review, create an issue for one using the Doc Review template.