Provide solid guidance on development of mobile applications using GitLab today
What would it take to make mobile apps first-class? We already can do a lot for mobile, but we don't do a good job letting people know that. We should start with docs and blog posts. Templates. Then see what first-class changes are needed.
This is a documentation deliverable to update our existing Mobile CD guidance, ensuring it is as complete as possible, and to use that update to identify gaps which can contribute further to feature requests. These are paired because, as we update our documentation, it should become very clear where we are not offering strong capabilities.
- Android Post: gitlab-com/www-gitlab-com#3562 (closed)
- iOS Post: gitlab-com/www-gitlab-com#3592 (closed)
These blog posts will be based on wrapping our own Gitter Android and iOS builds and publishing with GitLab CI/FastLane:
Links / references
- https://about.gitlab.com/2018/10/24/setting-up-gitlab-ci-for-android-projects was already updated by @jlenny to the current version of the Android SDK.
- Some inspiration available at &497 (closed) and #49117 (closed)
- MacOS Runner fleet info at gitlab-com/gl-infra/infrastructure#5294 (closed)
Since the output of this item is documentation itself, @jlenny will coordinate with the tech writer individually for editing.