Add PGP/GPG integration: verify signatures on commits and tags & more
UPDATE: This issue has been split into three parts:
- PGP/GPG Integration - display/highlight signed commits and tags
- PGP/GPG integration - Signature
- PGP/GPG Integration - reject un-signed commits with hooks
As requested in the deprecated feature request system I want to request that PGP verification should be integrated in GitLab: The Webapp sould
- display/highlight signed commits and tags similar to
git log --show-signature
- display some basic information about the signature (Name, E-Mail, Key ID, Date)
- GitLab EE git hooks can reject un-signed commits (see
Especially the 3rd point is explained in this article well.
Using public keyservers to fetch keys will be discussed in issue #19240.