Build MVC of Synthetic User Monitoring in our Digital Experience Management category
- Generate user load, validate against acceptable baseline
- Walkthrough user workflow and generate report of user successful actions
Proactive website monitoring that is done by deploying behavioral scripts to simulate the path a user takes through a website, such as logging in, adding items to a shopping cart, etc. Performance and availability data (along with other defined metrics) are reported for each step. he scripts are typically deployed in multiple geographical locations to gain a broader understanding of the end user experience across data centers.
This is the same way we have baked in our test automation scripts to validate user workflow, measure performance.
The multi geo locations will need retries inside UI finders to ensure that we can run tests in multiple locations and deal with different latencies.
This is essentially some facet of our
GitLab-QA framework itself.
- Implement MVC to evaluate user actions and the time spent for each action
- Ability to "glue" together a user workflow pointing to environments under test
yamlfiles that store different workflows that can be picked up by a specific job using a UI/Selenium capabilities
- workflow_1 - url_1 - url: "..." - wait_time: 10s - url_2 - url: "..." - wait_time: 20s - url_3 - url: "..." - wait_time: 10s - max_wait_time: 1m - workflow_2 - url_1 - url: "..." - wait_time: 10s - url_4 - url: "..." - wait_time: 20s - url_5 - url: "..." - wait_time: 10s - max_wait_time: 2m