Improving the appearance of the "Search Results" window
- Lazarus/FPC Version: main
- Operating System: all
- CPU / Bitness: all
- Now the file name is not duplicated on every line. There are only line numbers and text that are aligned and easy to read.
- Relative path is now displayed (relative to the search folder).
- The new switch allows only the filename to be displayed instead of the path. But when a file line is selected, the path is also shown in parentheses.
- The entry in the line is highlighted by "clHighlight" - this color is prominent, but "low-key", and adapts to the system theme.
- Additionally, extra lines of the hierarchical tree have been removed.
Sometimes, when searching in a folder, I accidentally opened a file from the "backup" folder, edited it and did not understand why the changes did not work. Therefore, if path display is disabled, files in the "backup" folder are flagged to protect users from potential errors:
- [Ctrl+N] - new search with same criteria
- [Ctrl+F] - switch focus to filter
- [Ctrl+P] - toggle filename or path display
- The "Close current tab" button has been moved to other buttons that control tabs.
- Fixed a bug due to which the button "New search by the same criteria" from all search conditions substituted only text. Now she substitutes all the conditions.
- Small refactoring
Patch for trunk: searchresultview_4.patch