Push Notification Handler for the Android App
What does this MR do?
Adds a push notification handler for the android app. Notifications are encrypted based on the web push protocol and sent to clients via firebase cloud messaging.
How confident are you it won't break things if deployed?
Links to related issues
How to test
- Setup your own firebase project
- Download the google-services.json and self compile the app
- Add the server key
- added a test, or explain why one is not needed/possible...
- no unrelated changes
- asked someone for a code review
- set a "for:" label to indicate who will be affected by this change
- use "state:" labels to track this MR's state until it was beta tested
- added an entry to CHANGELOG.md
- add a short text that can be used in the release notes
Once your MR has been merged, you are responsible to create a testing issue in Beta Testing Repo:
- Consider writing a detailed description in German.
- Describe in a few sentences, what should be tested from a user perspective.
- Also mention different settings (e.g. different browsers, roles, ...). how this change can be tested.
- Be aware, that also non technical people should understand.