- lazy consensus: wait at least a week to give contributors a chance to respond. Ping people to bring their attention that their response is desired.
- if this is your first change to a given project repo, then ask first.
- Some project repos will have different policies. For example fdroiddata requires lots of small changes for app updates, etc.
If you are not used to working in distributed, community-controlled projects like this, then this might seem slow and inefficient. This model prioritizes the working asynchronously and in widely varying commitment levels. Basically all the core contributors are working on F-Droid part time, so working this way actually makes us more efficient. Contributors can group work asynchronously as they have time and interest. Changes to working systems
- does Debian abandonment policy work here?
- Debian's LowNMU policy could be useful for fdroiddata maintenance.