Dedicated search page
Demo available at http://fdroid.peter.serwylo.com/packages/.
Notice the following:
- Searching from the home page sidebar works as before.
- Pressing enter in the home page sidebar sends the query to the search page with the list of results (e.g. for "Player").
- As you type in the search page, it will update the URL. This is so people can copy the search results URL and send it to someone else.
- If you send a query to the old search URL from the previous site (as DuckDuckGo does when you use the
!fdroidbang) then it will redirect: http://fdroid.peter.serwylo.com/repository/browse/?fdfilter=Player -> http://fdroid.peter.serwylo.com/packages/#q=Player.
- To avoid requiring further translations in the search page, I've put a search icon in the text input.