Extension initialisation broken for Chrome 51
- Windows 10 or Debian testing
- Chrome 51
- Adblock Plus equiv of dev build 22.214.171.1248.
How to reproduce
Install the extension and open the background console.
- First-run page doesn't open.
- Some default filter lists are not installed.
- One of the following exceptions is displayed in the background console:
uninstall.js:66 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Iterator result undefined is not an object(…)
subscriptionInit.js:85 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Iterator result undefined is not an object(…)
- First-run page opens.
- All default filter lists are installed.
What to change
Increase the minimum supported version of Chrome to 52 and Opera to 39.
- Regression introduced with 7b3d1090 (see trac#7302
- Issue is not present on Chrome 52.
- The problem seems to be caused by Chromium issue 5057. Chrome 51 has a bug whereby if you break out of a "for ... of generator" loop early this exception is thrown.
- The problem is likely unrealistic to workaround, see this comment.
- Related UI issues adblockplusui#583, adblockplusui#584, adblockplusui#585, adblockplusui#586 and adblockplusui#587.
Hints for testers
- Please start testing with Chrome 52 and Opera 39 as they are now the minimum supported versions.