Include filter subscriptions in the product that are recommended on the website
As a more advanced ABP user, I want to be able to discover filter subscriptions directly within the ABP extension so that I can add filter subscriptions which may be beneficial to me.
We recommend 47 filter lists on our website subscrition page of which only 20 are directly available within the ABP product (not including Allow nonintrusive ads, Allow nonintrusive ads without third-party tracking, and ABP Anti-Circumvention Filter List).
Most of the 20 filter subscriptions are language filter lists (18 to be precise) which are easily accessible directly within the extension.
The remaining filter lists, however, which are recommended from the subscription page of ABP, rarely get discovered as traffic to the subscription page is low (0.69% of overall site traffic).
What to do
- Ensure #129 (closed) is implemented first
- Allow users to add filter lists directly within the product.
- Add links to the filter subscriptions within the Advanced tab >
+ Add a new filter listmenu
- Add the filters lists as outlined in eyeo/specs/spec!188
- Find out from legal what filter lists we can recommend (beyond just the language filter lists): http://hub.eyeo.com/issues/13528
- Decide how we handle filter lists which cover same/similar things - should we recommend both, or choose one? And if we choose one, how do we decide which to recommend?