Overhaul App Navigation
- All resources should be "browseable" by clicking around the options, breadcrumb, etc. Going to a navigation menu (as one would see on the left-hand side) should not be required.
- Top-level "home page" should show a list of cloud providers with a bit of info about each.
- Don't default to showing the first logged-in provider.
Don't use a "context selector" in the top bar.
- Overall navigation paradigm should support implementation of #444 (region+project pairings within a cloud)
- When displayed on a narrow viewport (e.g. phone in portrait mode), Exosphere should be usable and not crappy-looking
- When displayed on a wide viewport (e.g. 1920 px at 100% scaling), the UI should make use of most of the screen
- Implement a breadcrumb that shows on both wide and narrow viewports (!503 (merged))
- Implement a top-level home/"clouds" page.
Implement primary-detail view for lists of resources.
- Unclear whether to use this for every resource type (instance, volume, SSH keypair, floating IP, provider, project), or just some of them.
On narrow viewports, buttons across the top (e.g. Get Support, Messages) should shrink to just icons. On wide viewports, a text label should show next to each button.
- Or, consider moving into left-hand navigation
- TODO develop plan. We may not need much of this.
(what is wrong / what needs to be done?)