Forgot Password functionality is implemented.
Type of PR
This PR is a feature.
- Visit http://localhost:2354/users/index -> Forgot Password
- (http://localhost:2354/forgot/password) User has to enter an email.
- On Submit, A link will be flashed as shown below.
- Copy the URL and open in a new tab.
- Setting up new password contains 2 steps :
a. Verifying 2FA
b. Setting a new password
- On successful verification of 2FA, the user will be allowed to set a new password.
After verification, if the user visits any other page, then to set up a new password using the same link, he will have to reverify 2FA.
- Reset Link is valid for 15 min and Reset link can be regenerated after 5 min.
The regeneration is valid if the previous reset link was not used to set a new password. On successful updation, the reset token is deleted from the table.
Note: Go to http://localhost:2355/.
In the users table, add
- token_pass [varchar(30), default=null]
- generated_at [varchar(30), default=null].
My pull request has a descriptive title (not a vague title like "Update
My pull request targets the
phoenix/developbranch of the repository.
My commit messages follow best practices.
My code follows the established code style of the repository.
I added tests for the changes I made (if applicable).
I added or updated documentation (if applicable).
I tried running the project locally and verified that there are no visible errors.