Bubble UI message/promotion in the browser empty tab
Background / User story
Right now we're hiding all the controls but not the total number of blocked items when the users open the bubble UI in an empty browser tab which might look like something wrong/broken or bug for non-technical users.
The idea here is to show them a message that says there's nothing to be blocked (something like 404).
in addition, we can do some promotions, asking for rating/donation, surveys..etc we have a good space to use.
Later edit: We decided that the promotions might come as a second step, as this is an edge case so a lot of users will unlikely be very engaged with messaging we might include. Instead, we're only gonna focus on improving the experience overall.
What to change
- Design: https://www.figma.com/file/8KDGWPTKK04X8nu0ZCsCLq/ABPUI_Share?node-id=1%3A111
- Research: N/A
- Spec: https://gitlab.com/eyeo/specs/spec/-/merge_requests/375
- Legal: N/A
- Development: (Mention any implementation details here)
Hints for testers
- The text should not overlap with the image on non-EN locales
- See a demo of what it would look like on an incognito empty tab (ignore the copy, final one is in the specs): https://gitlab.com/eyeo/adblockplus/abpui/adblockplusui/-/issues/842/designs/abp_inactive_incognito_empty_tab.jpeg
- See a demo of what it would like when ABP is inactive (ignore the copy, final one is in the specs): https://gitlab.com/eyeo/adblockplus/abpui/adblockplusui/-/issues/842/designs/abp_inactive.jpeg
- We made a related change via https://gitlab.com/eyeo/adblockplus/abpui/adblockplusui/-/issues/851 but just for empty incognito tabs. This is a "catch-all" fix for when ABP is inactive.
Hints for translators
The max character limit is 50. If possible and need be, we can also translate
Nothing to block on this page! or
Nothing to block here! if they're shorter. It doesn't have to be a literal translation.