ABP | create_on_page_dialog updated `timing` and new `domain` parameters
Background / User story
We'd like to test some key messages across our free user base to determine what is likely to have the highest CVR of free to premium users.
- Asana ticket: https://app.asana.com/0/1205017459449525/1205145650435545/f
- AdBlock issue: adblockinc/ext/adblock/adblock#419 (closed)
What to change
- Design: N/A
- Research: N/A
- Spec: TBD
- Legal: TBD
- Add an additional
timingparameter enum of
after_navigationwhich triggers when the user navigates to a web page.
- There will bo no conditional logic, no re-showing or anything the likes. The first tab that matches the domain conditions will show the OPD, and the command will be considered executed.
- Add an additional optional
domain_listparameter containing a comma-separated list of domains - the OPD is only created on domains that are on the list. Excluded domains are supported by prefixing the domain with a '~'. The OPD is never shown on the domain or subdomains that are excluded.
- The domain parameter should take effect for the whole create_on_page_dialog command, meaning it will change the allowlisting OPDs behavior.
- The version of the
create_on_page_dialogcommand should be updated to 2
- Add an additional
Hints for testers
- The two existing OPD timings (
revisit_web_allowlisted_site) should be regression tested, along with the new
- The following is the sample of the IPM key / value data that can be used for testing:
button_target : /update sub_title : Tired of websites asking you to turn off your ad blocker? ipm_id : ipmid1 lower_body : See fewer pop-ups that limit your access to your favorite content with AdBlock Premium! display_duration : 1 button_label : Upgrade now! version : 1 upper_body : This is the body of the message timing : after_navigation command_name : create_on_page_dialog domain_list : google.com,~mail.google.com,wikipedia.org
Hints for translators