AdBlock | create_on_page_dialog updated `timing` and new `domain_list` parameters
We'd like to test some key messages across our free user base to determine what is likely to have the highest CVR of free to premium users.
What to do
- Add an additional
timingparameter enum of
after_navigationwhich triggers when the user navigates to a web page.
- There will bo no conditional logic, no re-showing or anything the likes. The first tab that matches the domain conditions will show the OPD, and the command will be considered executed.
- Add an additional optional
domain_listparameter containing a comma-separated list of domains - the OPD is only created on domains that are on the list. Excluded domains are supported by prefixing the domain with a '~'. The OPD is never shown on the domain or subdomains that are excluded.
- The domain parameter should take effect for the whole create_on_page_dialog command, meaning it will change the allowlisting OPDs behavior.
- The version of the
create_on_page_dialogcommand should be updated to 2
- Asana ticket: https://app.asana.com/0/1205017459449525/1205087566665331/f
- ABP issue: https://gitlab.com/adblockinc/ext/adblockplus/adblockplusui/-/issues/1470
- The two existing OPD timings (
revisit_web_allowlisted_site) should be regression tested, along with the new
- The following is the sample of the IPM key / value data that can be used for testing:
button_target : /update
sub_title : Tired of websites asking you to turn off your ad blocker?
ipm_id : ipmid1
lower_body : See fewer pop-ups that limit your access to your favorite content with AdBlock Premium!
display_duration : 1
button_label : Upgrade now!
version : 1
upper_body : This is the body of the message
timing : after_navigation
command_name : create_on_page_dialog
domain_list : google.com|~mail.google.com|wikipedia.org