Introduce a new list to block cookie popup warnings
Background / User story
Cookie consent popups/prompts have become the norm on almost every website and it's been a pain point of internet users since gaining massive adoption due to new privacy regulations.
In an effort to support users who want to get rid of these consent popups, we want to bring a Premium filter list to Adblock Plus that will allow users to reliably block/dismiss these. We've built a preliminary version of the list and now we want to start distributing it to our users.
What to change
- Design: https://www.figma.com/file/mU4E9k2cSoKgUBEeke51yU/ABP-Premium?type=design&node-id=3956-21621&mode=design&t=10zvvrQsJPaLjx5w-0
- Research: https://www.notion.so/adblock/Cookie-Filter-List-Opt-in-449d4c59c8804d468eebfde23cb9022b?pvs=4#cd132e78853c4251ae82a75e4848788c
- Spec: spec!423 (merged)
Development: Optional: Update wiki page about adding new recommended filter lists accordingly.
- The scope of this ticket only refers to adding the feature to the Settings page; we also need to create a small onboarding, which is tackled in a separate ticket;
- Depending on how much time there is left in the cycle, it's up to the team to translate the changes or not (potentially releasing in English only is fine, we can add translations soon after);
Hints for testers
- For non-premium users the new "Block cookie consent pop-ups" feature, in the options page, should appear disabled along with the "Distraction control feature"
- When the user activates premium, Distraction control feature should become automatically enabled, but Block Cookie popups shouldn't be enabled by default.
- If a premium user tries to activate the Block Cookie popups feature, a dialog should be displayed to them asking for confirmation.
- Activating the above mentioned feature, should reflect also in the advanced tab as "Cookie Consent Filter List".
- If a premium user tries to install the feature through the advanced tab with "Cookie Consent Filter List" built-in filter list, the confirmation dialog won't be shown and it will enable Cookie Consent popups feature right away. We will expand the dialog to the advanced tab here: #1457
- There's a bug whenever the user clicks multiple times very fast on checkboxes for either Premium or Free Features, the checkbox get stuck in their 'checked' state. The bug has been around for some time, and was reported here: #853, so it's not related to this MR.
Hints for translators
- Added strings:
- Removed strings: