remmina fails to open sftp window, connected to ssh2 server with public key auth
Created by: ssten
Sometimes I need to work with old unix servers. My settings are:
- Client (OS name and version): Gentoo GNU/Linux amd64 profile
- Remmina version (remmina --version): net-misc/remmina (12:23:26 01.12.2017)
- Remmina - Version 1.2.0-rcgit-24 (git rcgit-24)
- Desktop environment (GNOME, Unity, KDE, ..): XFce 4.12
- Connecting to (OS and version): OSF1 unix.domain.tld P5.1 1644 alpha
I don't want to use passwords. The only sufficiently secure authentication mechanism is public key. Shell connection works fine. But when I try to open sftp for files transfer, operation fails (usually just tab closes immediately, but once remmina crashed). Starting in terminal showed no additional info.
The same test after roll-back to password authentication succeed.