Remote Windows program crashes when accessed by Remmina RDP
Created by: oblongau
- Client (OS name and version): Linux Mint 17.3 (also 18.1)
- Remmina version (remmina --version): 1.2.0-rcgit-17 (git n/a)
- Desktop environment (GNOME, Unity, KDE, ..): MATE
- Connecting to (OS and version): Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard
- Connecting via (RDP, VNC, ...): RDP
- RDP issues only, freerdp version (xfreerdp --version): "xfreerdp: error while loading shared libraries: libfreerdp-core.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
I can successfully connect to the Windows Server. I can run the remote Windows program. However, after doing a couple of operations within the program it crashes.
Golf Manager has stopped working Problem Event Name: BEX ... Fault Module Name: libeay32.dll
The problem does not arise when using Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection in Windows XP as virtual machine, or in standalone Windows 7 machine.
How does the remote Windows program "know" how it is being accessed, so that it crashes depending on the access method?
Is the problem with Remmina, RDP plugin, or something at the remote Windows Server?