Release of 0.8.12
This whole project is in chaos right now, please excuse awkward updates. Special K v. 0.8.12
Auto-update was already being overhauled but now it needs to be moved over to GitLab.
- Add support for dgVoodoo d3d8 API wrapping, license terms are not fully worked out yet, but you can optionally install this component using the attached PlugIns.7z
Documents\My Mods\SpecialK\and Special K will attempt to use dgVoodoo for d3d8.
Note that many d3d8 games don't support delayed-injection this way, and you will likely have to rename
d3d8.dlland drop it in a specific game's directory for proper operation.
- Adds support for Melody's Escape (keyboard input processing when a game uses PeekMessage to remove events)
- Improves mouse support in ImGui menus for games that use RawInput exclusively
- Corrects license text truncation
- Fixes various delayed-injection problems with SteamAPI
Interim 0.8.12.1 Release
(Will resume normal releases when Auto-Update is redesigned to accommodate GitLab)
Interim 0.8.12.2 Release
- Added a D3D9 ForceWindowed override to SpecialK.ini
- Fixed SteamAPI exception handling in 32-bit ABI (Steam overlay callback)
- Fixed double-input processing through PeekMessage
- Fixed CEGUI / ImGui reset on multi-frame D3D9 device loss recovery
Interim 0.8.12.3 Release
- Added game playtime to control panel title
- Added Synaptics touchpad mousewheel support for DirectInput/RawInput/HID
- Added temporary file cleanup (i.e. SKI*.tmp, Version/*.old, ...) to DLL init.
- Improved global injection startup/shutdown reliability
- Fixed control panel window moving if its title changes
- Fixed Fallout 4 / Scaleform exception handling
- Fixed game_output.log being saved to the wrong location when using the global injector.
- Fixed legacy keyboard input in Steam overlay in Skyrim: Special Edition
- Fixed legacy mouse input after Alt+Tab in EverQuest
- Switched framerate limiter over to new render backend system; WaitForVBLANK may not function correctly in some D3D9Ex games.
Last planned update before I restore auto-update functionality
- Special dxgi.dll that will spit out debug information to logs/dxgi.log and logs/modules.log to diagnose problems with RiME