Download ichibot app here:
|Step 1||Download ichibot above. Windows users will need to unzip the file FIRST, and may need to open a terminal (cmd) window and drag the unzipped app and drop the app into the command line window for it to run. MacOS and Linux users still need to run chmod +x ichibot-macos or chmod +x ichibot-linux - more detailed instructions further down the page if you need. Just reach out if you're stuck on this. If you are upgrading from quite an old version, you may need to delete all associated ichibot files (eg. ichibot-config-db.json and initrun.txt) to get it running. Manually transfer your aliases back into the new file once it's made (once you saved a random alias in the ichibot command line).|
|Step 2||You must have a new account and not use any ref link for Binance. If you have a KYC'd account that you made without a ref - just request a "new" sub-account... If going to FTX and you don't have an account - you can use my ref there - https://ftx.com/#a=ichi|
|Step 3||Binance gives you 2 BTC /day withdrawal limits with no KYC. FTX is $9k /day|
|Step 5||Set a fatfinger (max individual order size). Type
|Step 6||There is now a simulation mode where you can try out commands. Just type
|Step 7||Make an alias (hotkey). While in BTC-PERP> type:
Extra Steps on MacOS or Linux if you didn't compile yourself from the git
MacOS and Linux
cd Downloads or whatever directory/path ichibot is in
chmod +x ichibot-macos or
chmod +x ichibot-linux
Then just double click the app to launch
Windows Just double click the app or if that doesn't stay open then open a CMD terminal and drag and drop ichibot-win.exe into the CMD window
Anyone having trouble with the update
-- Save a copy of your aliases (in
initrun.txt) and keys (in
chibot-config-db.json) and then nuke everything inc any ichibot associated file such as those in your home directory. Start ichibot - put keys in - save an alias, and then copy ur aliases back into
initrun.ftx.txt or whatever.
IF YOU USE BRAVE BROWSER WATCH OUT!!! WE CAUGHT THEM A FEW MONTHS BACK HARD CODING THEIR REFERRAL CODE INTO THE BROWSER
To be eligible for Binance USDT Futures or Binance SPOT, you need:
- A new account made > 23 November 2020. (You can do this by opening a sub-account if you're KYC'd).
- You must not have used a ref on your account to sign up.
- Must be VIP4 fee tier or under.
If you are KYC'd you can achieve a "new account" by:
- Opening a futures account from your spot account.
- Request a sub-account (technically a new account) which you can only request if you are KYC'd. You can send a support ticket to customer service.
- Or - if you're VIP1 or higher then it should already be available to create yourself. Select "Create with email" when you go through the setup process.
- Making an actual new account. Again you can't use a referral. ichibot is a Binance broker, so they aren't going to pay commissions again if they already paying the referral commissions.
Extra Step for MacOS or Linux once downloaded the above
Go to directory in Terminal and navigate to wherever you put ichibot (downloads etc). Or stick ichibot in a folder in your root directory.
- You can just make API keys in your settings either on Binance or FTX.
- Follow the prompts to type
loginwhen the app starts for the first time to enter key. Ignore the random warning you get the first time you run it. - If you're on Windows however, you probably can't copy & paste. Try right click mouse button then paste, otherwise just put a few 00's in the fields and it will spit out a file in the same directory you put the ichibot-client-app in called
ichibot-config-db.json. Just open that in notepad and you'll find it's super easy to copy paste in between the "" . Hit save and relaunch ichibot and you're away.
- Make sure on Binance you select edit API permissions and tick
Enable Futureson the key you made. Then save.
- You'll also need to transfer money into your futures account (USDT), or you can borrow USDT against your BTC/ETH.
- Important for FTX sub-accounts: your sub-account name is case sensitive - the name top right will display as all-caps, which is wrong. Go to your sub-account list and check for correct case sensitivity of your sub-account. Enter the name of sub-account. If you are just using main account - leave sub-account name blank.
- On FTX - If you generated a key from main account - you can actually access any sub-account with the same keys by simply changing the sub-account name. If you generated keys from the sub-account the keys are restricted to use only in that sub-account.
- You can just type logout to wipe your credentials and be presented with the login screen again. We'll make this process easier soon.
If you have a need to run multiple instances for whatever reason, you should use separate API keys to avoid errors with your session. You might need to install via the git if it defaults to your HOME directory, to be able to run multiple instances that direct to multiple paths for the different files such as ichibot-config-db.json which store the keys and initrun.txt which stores your aliases. You can't use the same initrun.txt or ichibot-config-db.json with more than one account at a time.
Hotkey Terminal Apps
- It's more convenient to run a terminal program that opens using a hotkey for quicker access to ichibot.
|MacOS||iTerm2 for MacOS|
|Linux||Yakuake for Linux|
|Windows||Windows Linux Sub-System|
It's not necessary. It's just nicer.
- BTC - 3L95ETWP3F8HLqUY4FD5CS8rkkFdpYjqKR
- ETH - 0x6eb9A84CE93Cd61db02302f39B824AB155b69601