Custom game settings overwrite singleplayer campaign settings
The singleplayer campaign is influenced by custom game settings.
If, for example, you use the multiplayer menu to change the team count, it will affect all team-based levels in the campaign. If you enable mutators, those will “bleed over” into the campaign.
It seems that almost all settings can affect the singleplayer campaign. Only stuff like bot count, frag limit and time limit are reliable and not overwritten.
How to reproduce (an example):
- To make sure we sit in the same boat, reset ALL your settings
- Go in the Multiplayer menu, click “Start” and enable the InstaGib mutator
- Go to the campaign, start level 1
EXPECTED: No InstaGib in level 1 (because level 1 is not meant to have InstaGib enabled) ACTUAL: InstaGib in level 1.
Many, many other settings can affect the singleplayer campaign as well, for example:
- Basically ALL the mutators
- Custom team count
- Whatever other “funny” cvars you might have set, e.g.
What I expect, in general:
- All singleplayer levels are consistent and behave always the same, have always team team count and mutators, no matter what settings I have set in the Multiplayer window or via cvars, etc.
This affects both 0.8.2 and -dev (3125fa30).