It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong. -- Voltaire
fakid generates a fake identity.
% fakid First name: Leisa Last name: Pecor Nickname: peesa83 Sex: Female Country: USA Profession: Nuclear Engineer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Passphrase: [calculator pucker slogan gratitude] Blood type: A+ Likes: [Kitties]
- For a fiction character.
- To stay anonymous online. Some online services may require a "true" identity, with name, age, etc.
fakidcreates one for you.
- Pen name. To experiment with different styles of writing.
- With an identity is easier to build a readership, since your readers can identify with you and learn to know what to expect from your writings/blog, but you may want to stay anonymous when speaking about taboos, your secret life, politics, etc.
First install Golang then do
go get gitlab.com/xojoc/fakid go install gitlab.com/xojoc/fakid
Note1: the email address is real. You can use it.
fakid generates both passphrases and passwords. Passphrases are to be preferred, but if a website imposes stupid rules like at least an Uppercase, a digit, a weird character, then you can always use the password.
Note3: you can hide your name, but be aware that you could be identified by your way of writing. Frequencies of letters/words, length of phrases, etc. all reveal bits of you.
If you care about privacy/anonymity also check out:
You can use Typed.pw to write a one-off article.
- Short bio
- Long bio
- Fake social messages (with hashtags, @nicknames, ect.)
- Favorite food
- Likes: extend list
- Hates: extend list
- Profession: a better list
- Countries: extend list (Only USA is used right now)
- Age/tropical zodiac
- Avatar (but how?)
Written by http://xojoc.pw
Public domain. Because copyright laws are lame.