How can we collaborate?
This wiki and repository is a possible jumping-off point. It was holding xloem's scratch work on github when he was working privately.
- Matrix Chat: https://matrix.to/#/#openemissions:matrix.org
- IRC: #openemissions on irc.freenode.net
- Possible organized decision-making: https://www.loomio.org/g/MYQFl2dC/open-emissions
- Introduction thread on cpunks: https://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg12236.html
Cheap Shielding and Doors
One approach for wideband high frequency shielding is layers of insulated copper foil, with all seams fully soldered. A powered door could solder itself sealed shut by engaging heating elements affixed to its perimeter.
xloem errs on the side of round doors, to reduce possible antenna effects of corners.
Wiring Shielded Rooms
Power and networking lines entering a room act as antennas and carry unintended information. ((citation needed)
For paranoid usage, xloem considers using 12V DC power with a battery inside, and sneakernet to move data in and out. Second to that, there must be a way to monitor emissions and traffic, and verify that they are correct.
Consider shielding fiberoptic transceivers and tightly filtering any wiring to decrease possible communication channels.
Homebrew SDR setups seem to create a lot of EM noise. Is it feasible to shield them? Can algorithms be made to cut through the noise?
- TSCM Mailing List: http://www.tscm.com/tscm-l.html
- Tinfoil Chat: https://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/oottela/tfc.pdf
- Qubes Air: https://www.qubes-os.org/news/2018/01/22/qubes-air/