The wiki now contains a bunch of HTML tables
moin2commonmark.py converts Moin wiki pages to CommonMark using Pandoc. As a result, our wiki tables are now HTML. This means that table-heavy pages such as https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/wikis/Development/Support_library_version_tracking are more difficult to update.
We can convert simple tables to GitLab Flavored Markdown using Tables Generator. I've converted a few of the Support_library_version_tracking tables by doing the following:
- Install the Copytables Chrome extension.
- Load Support_library_version_tracking in a Chrome tab.
- Right-click on a table and select "Table → Copy… → CSV"
- In Tables Generator, go to "File → Paste table data…" and paste.
- Click "Generate", then "Copy to clipboard".
- Open the wiki page editor, select the corresponding HTML table markup, and paste the GFM markup.
Unfortunately this process doesn't convert links -- you have to add them back manually.