This README is intended to be helpful for colleagues at GitLab. For everything else, check https://nick.malcolm.net.nz/!
@ me in comments, issues, and MRs. I use TODOs, and rarely check notification emails. You can also DM me on Slack.
I tend to be concise and direct. Some might say blunt. If I overstep please give me feedback so I can improve!
I like to prepare & be organised (I love lists!) vs. "winging it", but counter that with being loosely attached to my ideas/plans/processes and love to change things in response to what the situation needs.
I try to use te reo Māori kupu in my messages, particularly in Slack. Here are some common ones:
- Kia ora (Hello)
- Tēnā koe/korua/koutou (Hello - to 1/2/many people)
- Ngā mihi (Thanks)
- e hoa / e hoa mā (friend(s))
MaoriDictionary.co.nz can be helpful too!
I am married and have two young boys
I like (in no particular order):
- Trail running
- Family time
- Going to church
- Blobbing in front of the TV
- Reading fantasy (Riftwar Cycle, Wheel of Time, Kingkiller Chronicle, Mistborn, etc) or popcorn thriller (Jack Reacher)
- Learning about New Zealand history & te ao Māori