Fix line endings merging issue
By lpapp.b... on April 07, 2010 13:02 (imported from Google Code)
- Do a fresh pull operation on Linux client
- Do a fresh pull operation on Windows client with TortoiseGIT
- Modify a file in that repository on Linux
- Commit that change on Linux
- Pull that change on Linux
- Change the same file on Windows
- Commit this change on windows with TortoiseGIT
- Try to pull on windows client with TortoiseGIT from the remote repository
- You will experience a merge conflict, try to solve it from mine e.g.
- Click for the Resolved in the menu, and you will get a fatal error
popup window about the CR+LF line endings.
The CRLF settings are on windows:
- Checked AutoCRLF
- Checked SafeCRLF