TGitCache often locks sub-directories of an ignored directory
In my git repo I have a directory named
work-directory which is ignored by the
.gitignore in the root folder of the git repo (using the entry
work-directory/). When I use the Windows Explorer with installed Tortoise Git shell extension it often happens that one ore more subfolders are locked by one of the
TGitCache.exe processes (open handle that prevents deletion).
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Create a repo with with several commited files and one directory marked as ignore via
.gitignoreon root level
- Create multiple directories and files inside the ignored directory
- Open the ignored directory and one of it's subdirectories in Windows Explorer
- Do something with TortoiseGit on that project and folders (non-deterministic/ I don't know the exact steps to reproduce)
- Delete everything inside the ignored
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
From time to time some solder(s) can't be deleted because TGitCache.exe has open handles to subdirectories which prevent deletion.
What version of TortoiseGit and Git are you using? On what operating system?
- TortoiseGit 2.7.0
- Git 2.18.0