Git Command Progress window blank, hanging on commit.
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Make changes, attempt to commit by right clicking folder, "Git Commit -> foo"
- Add commit message, hit Commit button
- Observe empty Git Command Progress window, where the tortoise animates from the earth to a folder, forever. Window below is completely blank.
- Click Abort, because it's the only thing you can do.
- Cancel out of the commit dialog.
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
Command should complete and I should be able to close the window.
Interestingly, the commit DOES happen. When I push to remote, all the cancelled commits are included, along with the commit messages. It seems the only thing that's failing is the Git Progress Window.
This unfortunately means that Commit + Push doesn't work, as apparently the initial hung Commit prevents the push from proceeding. Failed commit, followed by a separate right click -> Push works as expected.
What version of TortoiseGit and Git are you using? On what operating system?
Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.285)
Please provide any additional information below.
Problem began when I upgraded to TortoiseGit 18.104.22.168. During the update, I was prompted to download and install an updated version of Git For Windows, which I did (version 2.19.0-64bit), with default options.