Remove tag can leave an empty folder in refs/tags
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Explore ".git/refs/tags" and verify that no folder named "Test" exists.
- Create a tag named "Test/Tag"
- Use Tortoise Git to remove the tag "Test/Tag"
- Explore ".git/refs/tags"
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
Expected: The folder 'Test' should have disappeared. Instead: The folder 'Test' is still there and is empty.
What version of TortoiseGit and Git are you using? On what operating system?
TortoiseGit version 22.214.171.124 Git version 2.18.0 Windows 7 or whatever
Please provide any additional information below.
Using the command line "git tag -d Test/Tag" the "Test" folder is deleted.
It's necessary to remove the folder to be sure that subsequent tag in the same directory are not case shuffled. Here the step to drive a dev crazy.
- Create a tag named "TEst/tag"
- Notice you made a mistake because you wanted it named "Test/tag"
- Remove the tag named "TEst/tag" (at this point the folder still exists)
- Create a tag named "Test/tag" (the tag is put in the existing folder, that it: "TEst")
- Notice that the tag you just created is named "TEst/tag"
- Go to point 3 until craziness.