Delete of inactive branch inside not main working copy via TortoiseGit causes error: libgit2 returned: reference 'refs/heads/testbranch' not found.
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Create a new working copy for any repository (
git worktree add ... ./new-work-copy.dir)
- Call TortoiseGit Log window for new-work-copy.dir
- Create any new branch (e. g.
- Try to delete this new inactive branch.
What is the expected output?
Branch should be deleted.
What do you see instead?
Could not delete reference libgit2 returned: reference 'refs/heads/testbranch' not found.
What version of TortoiseGit and Git are you using? On what operating system?
Any, inclusive latest release/preview.
Please provide any additional information below.
- Delete inside of new working copy directory via git command line works.
...\new-work-copy.dir > git branch -d testbranch Deleted branch testbranch (was 116ad2906f).
- Delete inside of main (primary) working copy directory via TortoiseGit Log window works.