File properties' Git tab not shown anymore
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- browse to a git clone and select a file
- ensure the file is in the repository by right-clicking it an check the tortoise git context menu:
- in the context menu, select "Properties"
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
expected: the Git properties tab is shown
What version of TortoiseGit and Git are you using? On what operating system?
TortoiseGit 126.96.36.199 x64 20170319-9b9e1f63 Windows 10 Build 15063 x64
Please provide any additional information below.
- this issue started quite some while ago with earlier tortoisegit stable builds and earlier windows 10 builds.
- I have unsuccessfully tried quite a few things to get the dialog back, including completely uninstalling tortoisegit
DebugOutputStringshows the following output in DebugView when opening the properties dialog, none of which seems tortoise-related to me:
 onecoreuap\inetcore\urlmon\zones\zoneidentifier.cxx(366)\urlmon.dll!00007FFFC9516790: (caller: 00007FFFD73A91D4) ReturnHr(1) tid(3fc4) 80070002 The system cannot find the file specified.  onecore\base\appmodel\resourcepolicy\gameconfigstore\client\gameconfigstoreclient.cpp(104)\ResourcePolicyClient.dll!00007FFFD429BA6C: (caller: 00007FFFB38B8606) LogHr(32) tid(278c) 80070490 Element not found.  mincore\com\oleaut32\dispatch\ups.cpp(2115)\OLEAUT32.dll!00007FFFD8CDF5C1: (caller: 00007FFFD8CE04AE) ReturnHr(1) tid(3fc4) 8002801D Library not registered.  mincore\com\oleaut32\dispatch\ups.cpp(2115)\OLEAUT32.dll!00007FFFD8CDF5C1: (caller: 00007FFFD8CE04AE) ReturnHr(2) tid(3fc4) 8002801D Library not registered.