Mouse pointer disappears for the log window's context menu under Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Ensure you are running TortoiseGit under Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
- Using the Windows Explorer TortoiseGit menu, open "Git Show Log".
- Right click on any line other than the "Working dir changes" line in the log window,
- Left click the same line to the left of where the context menu opened.
- Right click the same line a little to the right of where you left clicked.
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
I expect to see my mouse pointer on the screen. Very often, the mouse cursor has become invisible though, you can still see where it is based on the context menu highlighting items as the mouse is moved. The mouse then re-appears once the context menu is clicked on or closes.
What version of TortoiseGit and Git are you using? On what operating system?
- TortoiseGit 188.8.131.52
- Both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 64-bit with all Windows Updates applied.
Please provide any additional information below.
I can't confirm it's only Windows 8.1, but I never noticed this on my old computer with Windows 7. My team also has a mix of Windows 7 and 8, and only the 8 users have ever noticed this. This is my second new computer with Windows 8.1 now, and the problem happens somewhat regularly.