Clone Dialog's URL case sensitivity causes issues with folder creation.
By odhinnsru... on January 09, 2013 12:34 (imported from Google Code)
- Open the clone dialog and enter the url for a repository that should contain caps, but to the repo name as all lower case. For example: it should be git @server:AB123, but you enter git@server:ab123
- Give the destination folder a different name than the default such as c:\Work\Git\Trunk (c:\Work\Git already exists) and try the clone.
- Re-open the clone dialog when it fails.
- Enter the proper url: git@server:AB123
- Enter the different folder name: c:\Work\Git\Trunk
- Try to clone.
You would expect TortoiseGit to clone AB123 into the folder Trunk.
It fails the clone reporting that it can't create the folder: c:\Work\Git\Trunk\ab123
Notice that it mentions the lower case ab123.
No matter what you do after this, you have to clone into the default folder (c:\Work\Git\AB123) or it will fail.
This was found in TortoiseSVN version 220.127.116.11 32 bit in Windows XP Pro SP 3.
Please provide any additional information below.