Combine to one commit: Commit-window doesn't show changes from oldest commit
By sascha.pl... on October 01, 2012 13:12 (imported from Google Code)
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Create a commit A with changes to file A.txt
- Create another commit B with changes to a different file B.txt
- In the log-window, mark both commits and select "Combine to one commit" from context menu.
- The Commit-dialog appears and in the "Changes made" section below only the changes to file B.txt show up while all changes from commit A to file A.txt are missing.
I would expect to see the same behaviour like when checking the "Amend Last Commit" checkbox (which already is checked here) to show all changes from all selected commits. After all the message textarea sqashes the commit-messages from both commits.
When adding a third commit C and selecting all three, changes from both B and C are displayed, but the oldes commit A still is missing.
What version of TortoiseGit and msysgit are you using?
- TortoiseGit 22.214.171.124, git version 1.7.10 on Windows 7 x64.