Committed everything even though I only selected one file
By kno... on September 07, 2011 11:07 (imported from Google Code)
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Clone some repo.
- Do several "git mv" operations in the console (MINGW32), to move some folders around.
- Pick a file (which was not inside any of these folders I moved) and right-click on it to Delete it through TortoiseGit.
- Right click on the folder where I just deleted the file -> Git Commit...
- In the commit dialog, several things appear: the elements of the folders I moved in step 2, and the deletion of the file I did in step 3.
- Deselect all, select only the deletion of the file.
Only delete the file in the commit.
It included the move of the folders in the commit as well.
What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
18.104.22.168, Windows 2003 Server
Please provide any additional information below.
git version 22.214.171.124.1367.gcd48
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information