Add/Commit of files with umlauts in filename not working
By killy... on April 02, 2009 20:07 (imported from Google Code)
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- create/copy a file with umlauts (äöü) in its name into your repository
- use tortoisegit to commit the changes and add the file in the commit dialog
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
- the file should be added to the repository and commited
- instead the file is neither committed nor added to the repo
- in the commit dialog the filename is displayed wrong (see attached
- see also the result message of the commit in attached picture TGit2.jpg
What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
TortoiseGit 0.4.2 with msysgit 184.108.40.206-preview20090322 on a german Windows
XP Pro with SP3 installed
Please provide any additional information below.