Files not in the Commit dialog are committed if in index
By atna... on June 02, 2010 03:29 (imported from Google Code)
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Perform e.g. a no-commit cherry-pick from command-line to get files into the index.
- Use TortoiseGit to commit a sub-directory that doesn't contain the files modified in step 1.
- See the Commit dialog list only the changes in the sub-directory.
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
Expected: Only the files listed in the Commit dialog are committed.
Instead: Files that weren't in the Commit dialog are also committed.
What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
git version 22.214.171.124.msysgit.0
Please provide any additional information below.
I'm attaching a sample repository to reproduce the issue.
- Extract the zip file.
- Run "cherry-pick_2_onto_1.bat" to checkout "1" then cherry-pick "2".
- Right click on "Folder2" and select "Git Commit..."
- See that only the files in Folder2 are listed.
- Commit with an arbitrary message.
- Check the log and see that File2.txt and File3.txt were also committed.