Misleading button title in Sync dialog leads to loss of uncommitted changes
By thecodewi... on May 04, 2010 04:41 (imported from Google Code)
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Have an uncommitted change
- Open the "Git Synchronization" dialog with "Git Sync"
- Choose "Fetch&Rebase" from the bottom left button/pulldown menu
- Press "Start(FastFwd)" button when the "Rebase" dialog opens
- Notice that it runs git reset --hard, causing you to lose your
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
I expected it to do a fetch and rebase, instead of a fetch and reset.
What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
TortoiseGit 22.214.171.124 32bit with msysgit 126.96.36.199
Please provide any additional information below.
The only way I want to lose my uncommitted changes is through the revert
function, never by synching, so I suggest either removing the
"Fetch&Rebase" option, or make it actually fetch and rebase.
Despite this, TortoiseGit is a wonderful piece of software. Thank you for
creating this interface to Git.