Trying to open log of submodule from dialog "Changed files" leads to error
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- In any repository, which consists of at least one submodule, open "Git Show log" from TortoiseGit's context menu.
- While holding
Ctrland clicking, select two commits between the submodule has been changed.
- From the context menu of your selection, choose "Compare revisions" to open dialog "Changed files".
- From the list showing the changed files, open the context menu of the submodule.
- The context menu shows two entries: "Show log" and "Show log of this folder".
- Choosing either of them, opens the dialog "Log messages" and a message box with error
Could not open log. libgit reports: bad object <hash>.
As can been seen in the red boxes of the screen shot, it tries to open the hash of the superrepo which is not available in the submodule.
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
At step 6, I expect the dialog "Log messages" to show the log of the submodule, where the revision of the "To" commit is show at the top of the log messages. No error message is expected.
What version of TortoiseGit and Git are you using? On what operating system?
- TortoiseGit 188.8.131.52
- git version 2.35.1.windows.2
- Windows 10 Build 19043.2006
Please provide any additional information below.
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information