Review/Apply single patch...: Automatic maximising window (MS Windows feature) makes the patch file list disappear and unrecoverable
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Open the menu
Review/Apply single patch...on a valid patch file
- Observe the diff viewer opens together with the patch file list docked on the left side of the diff window
- (Make sure the diff window is NOT maximised otherwise unmaximise it and observe the patch file list will be still displayed as mentioned in step 2)
- Maximise the diff window by using the MS Windows feature "Auto maximise" by "grabbing" (click and hold) the title bar of the diff viewer and move the grabbed window to the top edge of the screen
- (Observer the diff viewer window gets maximised)
- Observe that the patch file list is no longer open
- Try to reopen it through
File->Hide/Show the patch file list
- Repeat step 6
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
Expected: When using the automatic maximising of Windows the patch file list should stay visible the same way it does when maximising the diff viewer by using the maximising button in the window decoration.
patch file list is no longer open
and cannot be reopened.
What version of TortoiseGit and Git are you using? On what operating system?
OS: Windows 10
Please provide any additional information below.
edit 1: This only happens when the patch file list window is aligned at the top with the diff viewer window. This alignment is the default though after installation.
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information