TGitMerge tool is not saving colour to correct Windows registry location
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Installed GIT for Windows 2.17.0 on Windows 7 Enterprise desktop using Admin account
- Installed TortoiseGit 184.108.40.206 using Admin account
- Cloned an existing GIT repo to my desktop
- Navigated to a file and selected "Diff" from right-click context menu
- Opened TGitMerge "Settings" dialog and navigated to "Colors" tab
- Adjusted all colours and located where they are saved in the Windows registry
This resulted in TWO defects being identified ...
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
Defect A: Clicking on the pull-down triangle next to the "Filtered" colour does NOT open the same colour-editing dialog that happens with all the other colours. In particular, there is no way to enter a CUSTOM colour setting (e.g. an RGB value) like all the other colours provide.
Defect B: The "Filtered" colour value is being saved in the Windows registry under the TortoiseMerge branch (used by TSVN?) and NOT under the TortoiseGitMerge branch where all the other colours are located. Specifically, the "Filtered" colour setting is being saved here: HKCU\Software\TortoiseMerge\Colors\ColorFilteredB.
What version of TortoiseGit and Git are you using? On what operating system?
GIT 2.17.0 TGIT 220.127.116.11 Windows 7 Enterprise
Please provide any additional information below.