Deletion of submodule does not allow user to select the deleted (red) submodule on commit
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Right click a submodule and select: TortoiseGIT/delete (click remove to confirm)
- Right click project and select "commit"
- Click the checkbox beside the "Deleted" submodule.
- Enter a message and click commit on the Commit dialog
What is the expected output? What do you see instead? There should be two items committed at this point:
- The removal of the folder
- The removal of the folder reference in .gitmodules
What actually happens is that you get the following error: "fatal: pathspec 'path/to/submodule' did not match any files"
What version of TortoiseGit and Git are you using? On what operating system?
TortoiseGit 126.96.36.199 git version 2.13.0.windows.1
Please provide any additional information below.
- Uncheck the deleted folder and commit (this is a "bad state")
- Use the git command line to fix:
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information