Refreshing file list in commit dialog loses scroll position
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Perform a commit or merge which has a sufficiently large number of files to present a scroll bar.
- Scroll down to a file a page or two down, and press F5.
- The scroll jumps back to the top, losing your original position.
The above is only slightly annoying. An alternate method is downright aggravating:
- Perform a merge or rebase which generates conflicts, and has a sufficiently large number of files to present a scroll bar.
- Open the Check for Modifications or Commit windows to resolve the conflicts.
- Scroll down to a conflicted file a page or two down.
- Resolve the conflict in the file (eg. double-click and then right-click Resolved).
- The file list reloads and then jumps back to the top, losing your original position (and making you hunt for conflicted files in the list again).
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
The scroll position should be retained after reloading the list. Ideally the selected file should remain visible even if its position has moved.
It would also be nice if Prev/Next Conflict links were available as with TortoiseSVN, although that's technically a separate feature request.
What version of TortoiseGit and Git are you using? On what operating system?
- TortoiseGit 188.8.131.52
- git 2.9.3.windows.2
- Windows 8.1.1