diff copied file with original file it was copied from
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- git init bugdemo
- echo line 1 >> f.txt
- echo line 2 >> f.txt
- git add f.txt
- git commit -m "new file"
- copy f.txt f2.txt
- git add f2.txt
- git commit -m "copy of new file"
- remove first line in f2.txt
- remove second line in f.txt
- git add f*
- git commit -m "modified both files"
- open TortoiseGit Show Log for f2.txt
- set "follow renames"
- try diff first and last revision shown
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
expected: a diff between the current f2.txt and the first f.txt
What version of TortoiseGit and Git are you using? On what operating system?
TortoiseGit 188.8.131.52 (
git version 2.8.1.windows.1 (
C:\Program Files\Git\bin; C:\Program Files\Git\mingw64\; C:\Program Files\Git\mingw64\etc\gitconfig; C:\ProgramData\Git\config)
Please provide any additional information below.