Remote Branch box on Sync screen should remember settings
By mik... on August 14, 2014 14:35 (imported from Google Code)
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Open "Git Sync" screen
- Delete contents of remote branch box
- Click "Fetch" to fetch all branches from the remote URL
- Click OK
- Open "Git Sync" screen again
- Notice that the Remote Branch box has been re-populated with the branch name again.
- Click OK. Notice that you only fetched one branch and you may mistakenly believe you updated all branches.
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
If I Fetch using no branch (to fetch all branches), the Sync window should remember this and not auto-populate the branch name.
What version of TortoiseGit and msysgit are you using? On
what operating system?
git version 1.7.10.msysgit.1
Please provide any additional information below.
This routinely causes confusion with developers as it can appear very similar when fetching 1 branch vs fetching all branches, and it's annoying having to delete it all the time.
Also note that "Remote Update" fetches all branches from all remotes, regardless of whether the remote branch is populated, which is inconsistent.