Easier to select lines to partial commit in TortoiseGitMerge
By buginggran... on March 11, 2014 12:51 (imported from Google Code)
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Want to partial commit line 1000 and line 2000 a file of with 3000 lines, but there are many changed lines throughout the file
- Right click, choose "Restore after commit" in Commit Dialog
- Double click to edit file using TortoiseGitMerge
- Select line 1 to 999, Right click, choose "Use other text block"
- Select line 1001 to 1999, Right click, choose "Use other text block"
- Select line 2001 to 3000, Right click, choose "Use other text block"
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
Expected: Work like git add -p to select hunks easily
Actual: I have to perform step 4-6, which can be error prune if there are lots of discontinuous blocks to revert. Dragging the mouse over 1000 lines is time consuming.
What version of TortoiseGit and msysgit are you using? On
what operating system?
Win 7 x64
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information