In Windows XP, "Show log" doesn't update properly when a window is dragged over it
By davide.by.z... on November 21, 2013 21:57 (imported from Google Code)
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Have "Show window contents while dragging" enabled
- Open "Show log" on a project that has a long enough history to fill the window
- Drag another window over the "Show log" window
- Notice that the window has left droppings over the "Show log" window.
- Be annoyed at having to manually force "Show log" to redraw itself, either by paging down and up, or by sweeping the highlight over all visible entries using the keyboard.
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
I would expect "Show log" to redraw the portions of itself that need to be redrawn, no more (i.e., not redrawing its entire window just to refresh one portion), and no less (i.e., no bug like described above).
What version of TortoiseGit and msysgit are you using? On
what operating system?
TortoiseGit 188.8.131.52 (latest preview), 1.8.0.msysgit.0, Windows XP SP2 64-bit
Please provide any additional information below.
I tested this in a VM running a Windows XP 32-bit guest OS (on my Windows XP 64-bit host OS), and the bug still happened. I tested it in another VM running a Windows 7 64-bit guest OS, and the bug did not happen.