Clone Dialog's URL case sensitivity causes issues with folder creation.
By odhinnsru... on January 09, 2013 12:34 (imported from Google Code)
- Open the clone dialog and enter the url for a repository that should contain caps, but to the repo name as all lower case. For example: it should be git @server:AB123, but you enter git@server:ab123
- Give the destination folder a different name than the default such as c:\Work\Git\Trunk (c:\Work\Git already exists) and try the clone.
- Re-open the clone dialog when it fails.
- Enter the proper url: git@server:AB123
- Enter the different folder name: c:\Work\Git\Trunk
- Try to clone.
You would expect TortoiseGit to clone AB123 into the folder Trunk.
It fails the clone reporting that it can't create the folder: c:\Work\Git\Trunk\ab123
Notice that it mentions the lower case ab123.
No matter what you do after this, you have to clone into the default folder (c:\Work\Git\AB123) or it will fail.
This was found in TortoiseSVN version 184.108.40.206 32 bit in Windows XP Pro SP 3.
Please provide any additional information below.
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information