Unchanged files appears modified in Show Log dialog
By [email protected] on November 01, 2012 09:41 (imported from Google Code)
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Make some changes to a clean, tracked file and save it
- Undo the changes and save it again
- Or use any other prefered method to change the timestamp of the file
- The file is listed as modified in the Show Log dialog with 0 lines added and removed
- Do a TGit Check for modifications in the project folder
- Refresh the Show Log dialog and the file is removed from the list
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
I would expect, that the file is not listed in the Show Logs modified files list. As it is not listed, when I do a manual git status in the bash.
If TGit uses the timestamp of files as a fast method to recognize modifications, it would explain this behaviour. But then I would expect, that the files status is corrected, when I do a refresh in the Show Log dialog.
What is seen instead, is the unchanged file (only the timestamp changed since checkout) with 0 lines added and deleted remaining in the Show Log list even when the refresh button is pressed.
What version of TortoiseGit and msysgit are you using? On
what operating system?
git version 1.7.11.msysgit.1
Win XP Pro SP3
Please provide any additional information below.