Enviroment variables ignored: GIT_AUTHOR_NAME, GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL, EMAIL, GIT_COMMITTER_NAME, GIT_COMMITTER_EMAIL
By bertels.paderb... on January 31, 2012 16:25 (imported from Google Code)
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- Define environment variable GIT_AUTHOR_NAME and GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL
- (Temporarily) remove/rename global .gitconfig
- Try to commit somthing using Windows Explorer context menu
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
Expected: Commit dialog (commit using values given via env.)
Actual: TortoiseGit wants me to define username+email (settings dialog question)
What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
- Win7 x64 Ultimate
- msysgit "Git version 1.7.8-preview20111206"
- TortoiseGit 188.8.131.52 (64 bit)
Please provide any additional information below.
Seems that msysgit "git.exe" takes environment variable values but TortoiseGit ignores them. You can even see that the variables are visible to TortoiseGit by opening the "Settings" window and clicking "Show Environment Variables".